TriMega’s & AOPD’s Reflect on Successful Kinetic 2017 Event
Executives from the nation’s leading office product dealers and key industry suppliers met this month, March 12 – 17, 2017 at the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort just outside of Austin, Texas for Kinetic 2017. Kinetic 2017 is the second iteration of the joint endeavor of American Office Products Distributors (AOPD) & TriMega which combines TriMega’s Annual One-on-One Meeting and AOPD’s Annual Meeting and featured SP Richards as the meeting’s Exclusive Premier Sponsor. This year’s event was again heralded a big success for both dealers and suppliers.
The event kicked off with an address by TriMega’s President, Mike Maggio and AOPD’s Executive Director Mark Leazer and was then followed by an insightful and interactive keynote panel discussion entitled “What Got You Here, Won’t Get You There” facilitated by Janet Collins, Partner at TurningPoint Strategy. Panelists included:
The panel shared insights and unique perspectives on how the channel can all work better together to help independent dealers survive and thrive amidst disruptive technologies, aggressive competitors and new ways of work.
- Bob O’Gara, CEO, Highlands Group
- George Kennedy, Director National Accounts, Avery
- Tommy Sansom, Executive Vice President and COO, Officewise
- Joe Schaefer, VP Marketing, Officesupply.com
- Dan Wagner, VP Sales, Smead
- George Wood, President, Greenwood Outfitters
“Once again, Kinetic 2017 provided a powerful opportunity for our large dealer members and key suppliers to engage in productive conversations on innovative ways to generate growth,” commented Mike Maggio, TriMega’s President.
“We were pleased with our turnout at Kinetic 2017, the attitude of the participating dealers and feel strongly that progressive independent dealers are in a strong position to win market share, penetrate new categories and drive success today and in the future,” commented Mark Leazer, Executive Director of AOPD.
A Finale Awards night included presentations of special recognition and awards including the following:
- City of Hope Recognition – Bill Cardone of Gojo Industries delivered an update on this year’s “Saving Lives Hand in Hand” fundraising campaign honors Gojo’s Steve Schultz. Mark Leazer also made a check presentation of $5,000 deposit to Matt Dodd of City of Hope as part of AOPD’s annual fundraising efforts.
AOPD Awards & Recognition
- OfficeSupply.com (Columbus, WI), a consortium of Chicagoland Dealers; Runco Office Supply (Elmhurst, IL), Chicago Office Products (Bridgeview, IL) and Atlas Stationers (Chicago, IL) and Wist Office Products (Tempe, AZ) were recognized for the greatest dollar growth 2016 versus 2015.
- TriMega also awarded their prestigious “Dealer’s Choice” Award, for 2016. Avery was voted Supplier of the Year by TriMega Kinetic members for providing outstanding support during 2016 in the areas of field support, service, marketing, customer service and product innovation. Accepting the award for Avery was Barry Lane, George Kennedy, Brian Bakken and Jeffery Jett.
- AOPD presented its President’s Awards – where the Dealer Award went to Joe Breczka of Eaton Office Supply (Buffalo, NY) and the Business Partner Award was presented to Scott Orr of Domtar.
- In addition to a warm tribute to past AOPD Executive Director, the late Bud Mundt, AOPD presented the M.C. Bud Mundt Outstanding Achievement Award to Pat Crowley, formerly of S&T Office Product and past AOPD Board Member, Chairman for his years of service to the organization.
Back to Homepage
TriMega Purchasing Association
847-699-3330 | www.trimega.org
5600 N. River Road, Suite 700| Rosemont, IL 60018