TriMega Reflects on a Successful 2016 and Readies for a Prosperous 2017 for the Association and its Members
As TriMega closes the books on 2016, and looks forward to the year that lay ahead, it reflects on the past year, a year that can be characterized by significant accomplishments, changes and progress. The following highlights some of the notable developments of the last year:
“We are extremely pleased with TriMega’s progress this past year,” commented Mike Maggio, President of TriMega. “Having said that, in 2017 we will continue to work hard to improve cost-of-goods for our members, reduce the cost-to-serve for our supplier partners, and continue to innovate to drive growth and success for our members,” he concluded.
- TriMega added 20 new members over the past 12 months, including The Supply Room Companies (TSRC, Inc.), Gulf Coast Business Supply, Emerald Business Supplies and just recently welcomed Louisiana Office Supply to start 2017.
- The organization moved significantly closer to developing unique Independent Dealer e-content, actively bringing together Buying Groups, Manufacturers, NOPA and wholesalers. This trailblazing initiative is designed to help independent dealers better compete with online behemoths like Amazon who are able to offer customers a wider product assortment. Beta testing on this e-content is to begin later in Q1 2017.
- 2016 saw the development of the first “Purchasing Clinics” of any buying group. These all-new, in-house 1½ day hands-on workshops provided insights and education to help members develop effective purchasing strategies to help lower cost-of-goods, improve turns and increase margins and rebates.
- In 2016, TriMega lead the charge as the first Dealer Group to promote electronic purchasing (through EDI), setting up a process and support network to assist Independent Dealers in transitioning from manual, sometimes inaccurate purchase orders, to efficient and accurate electronic purchasing.
- TriMega developed an electronic template and “How To” process, enabling dealers to control search within the constraints of wholesaler search engines to help drive dealer sales to TriMega preferred suppliers, improving rebates for members.
- Created the first comprehensive wholesaler alliance with Essendant, to improve relevancy to suppliers, create additional value to members while eliminating redundant costs in the channel.
- Co-hosted Kinetic 2016, the first joint TriMega One-on-One Meeting and AOPD Annual Meeting with AOPD in keeping with leveraging synergies and reducing costs in the channel.
- Added several new suppliers to the organization, primarily in Jan/San and other emerging categories including, cleaning chemicals, safety and medical supplies.
- Continued to support and grow the NEXT Committee, TriMega’s group of emerging young leaders in the industry. The group hosts regular networking calls, education webinar sessions called “Elevate”, and recently launched a new exchange program called NexChange between dealer personnel.
- Co-hosted a near-record EPIC 2016 in Nashville, TN. The hugely successful event debuted all new components such as EPIC Get Togethers (EGT’s) – one-on-one appointment setting on the show floor, a “forDealers, byDealers” education forum which featured peer-generated learning and the largest tradeshow floor in EPIC history.
- Launched a brand refresh of TriMega, which included the debut of a new tagline “In Your Corner”, to reinforce that throughout all of the twists, turns and tribulations that the industry has undergone since TriMega’s entrance more than 25 years ago, TriMega always has, and always will be in the corner of its members – and supplier partners.
- Recently unveiled an all-new Compliance Bonus Pool which delivers incremental disbursements to members who support the organization and its preferred suppliers.
- As always, TriMega paid 100% of all rebates earned to members, with full tracking, reporting and transparency through the quarterly rebate and purchasing reports and the comprehensive ROM (Return on Membership) Report.
- TriMega once again closed the year financially fit and fiscally responsible, with a continued laser like focus on controlling costs (reducing operating expenses by 30% over the past 4 years) while maintaining the strongest balance sheet of any dealer group in the channel.
“I feel honored to be connected to such a progressive organization, that puts its members first in everything it does,” remarked Lyle Dabbert of Brown & Saenger and TriMega Chairman. “Our board of directors, leadership team and entire staff is solely focused on maximizing the return on membership for our dealers – and it shows. And the best-practice sharing, dealer relationships and information and insights we gain as members of TriMega makes a difference every day. We truly look forward to more good things from TriMega, to help our business in 2017 and beyond,” he remarked.
Back to Homepage
TriMega Purchasing Association
847-699-3330 | www.trimega.org
5600 N. River Road, Suite 700| Rosemont, IL 60018