EPIC 2015 Post Event Press Release
Independent Stationers and TriMega vowed that once again, Big Things would happen at their EPIC 2015 (www.wherebighappens.com) event and last week in Las Vegas, they delivered on that promise on multiple fronts, with record attendance, announcements of several important new joint initiatives by the two dealer groups and a program packed with plenty of industry education, information and networking opportunities. The event, which took place at the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, brought together members of both groups, manufacturers, wholesalers, system providers and other industry players.
Among the EPIC 2015 highlights this year:
- Record attendance, with representatives from over 400 dealerships and total attendance of more than 1,400.
- A trade show featuring over 150 exhibitors—also a record—and highlighting the very latest in new products and programs across an increasingly broad mix of categories.
- Presentation of the EPIC Partner of the Year Award, selected by TriMega and Independent Stationers members to recognize outstanding support for independent dealers, which this year went to 3M.
- The announcement of a major new channel-wide initiative involving IS, TriMega, NOPA and key industry manufacturers and wholesalers to provide much-needed access for independents to digital content on the same scale as their big box and online competition.
- Several sessions on EPIC Business Essentials, the newly formed combination of Independent Stationers’ and TriMega’s national account programs aimed at leveraging the best-of-the-best from both groups to create a powerful new platform to win big in the regional, multi-geographic and national account space.
- Keynote speaker and business thought leader Peter Sheahan, who offered attendees an innovative, insightful roadmap on ways to bring new value to their customers.
- A full day of industry education and training focusing on key industry topics such as the implications of the proposed Staples-Office Depot merger, trends in janitorial and breakroom products, dealer re-branding, public sector opportunities for dealers and more.
- A pre-show EPIC Sales Boot Camp, featuring a full-day workshop from sales training veteran Paul Bramson on the key elements of an effective consultative selling process.
- Several opportunities for attendees to do good in a big way, including Pack for Kids, sponsored by TriMega’s NEXT group, as well as EPIC 2015 exhibitors helping children succeed in school by donating post-trade show products to the Kids In Need Foundation, a national charitable organization focused on ensuring every child is prepared to learn and succeed by providing school supplies to students most in need. Finally there were several fundraising and support opportunities for City of Hope.
“This year’s EPIC offered an outstanding opportunity for the independent dealer community to come together take stock of our industry, see how we’re doing and explore together how we can be doing better,” said Independent Stationers member Mark Brackett of Office Source 360, Exeter, CA. “It was a really good show!”
Commented TriMega member Jerry Gibbs of J & E Office City in Maplewood, MO, “This was another great meeting from IS and TriMega. The current format of one day of seminars and one day for the trade show works well and the opportunities to exchange ideas among non-competing dealers were particularly valuable.”
Feedback from exhibitors was equally positive. “Show orders were the best in years and we were very impressed by the booth traffic and more importantly, many of the collaborative discussions that we had with dealers,” commented Fellowes director, core channels, Bill Slominski. “The opening session was extremely informative and I am encouraged by the progressive thinking the groups are displaying.”
Back to Homepage
TriMega Purchasing Association
847-699-3330 | www.trimega.org
5600 N. River Road, Suite 700| Rosemont, IL 60018